The CLB VISA® Debit Card is a convenient and fast way to buy the products and services you need. You can access your CLB accounts worldwide by making cash withdrawals through ATMs and conducting point of sale transactions with merchants that accept VISA® Cards. Funds will be directly debited from your checking account without need to write a check. If you are a CLB Online Banking customer, you can view the transaction shortly after it occurs. At present, you may use your card to (some of these services may not be available at all ATMs):
- Withdraw cash from your checking account.
- Withdraw cash from your savings account
- Transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts(requires both accounts linked to the debit card).
- Obtain balance information on your deposit accounts.
- Make purchases from merchants that accept VISA® Debit Cards using the money available in your checking account – even for Internet and phone purchases.
Instant Debit Card
Why wait? Walk into our Main Office, Jena Office, Holloway Office, or Lafayette Banking Center to have your card re-printed if lost, stolen, or damaged. Some fees pertaining to reprinting existing cards may apply.
EMV Chip Card Q&A
What is a chip card, and why am I getting one?
Chip cards are payment cards that have an embedded chip for security.
Why are chip card transactions more secure?
Chip card transactions offer you advanced security by making every transaction unique. And, your chip card is more difficult to counterfeit or copy by fraudsters.
Where can I use my chip card?
Anywhere a chip terminal is located. Chip cards are also widely used in international markets and are accepted in more than 80 countries.
Will anything change during my online purchases?
No, your online purchases will remain the same.
- You may withdraw up to a maximum of $500.00 in cash per day (if there are sufficient funds in your account).
- You may purchase up to a maximum of $1500.00 worth of goods and services per day, including retail purchases where you utilize your PIN and point of sale transactions, exclusive of ATM withdrawals.
- For security purposes, there are limits on the frequency and amount of transfers you may make using ATMs.
Here are a few ways that you the customer can help us ensure that you remain protected:
- Make sure that the bank has the correct current contact information for you including both home and mobile phone numbers.
- If you are planning on traveling, more so if out of state, take the time to contact the bank and inform them of your plans. We can then note to expect card activity in the area you will be in and avoid any inconvenience to you on your trip.
Technology and security are a forever changing industry. Our goal is to provide a safe, secure, and enjoyable experience for all of our customers here at CLB The Community Bank.
If you need to report a lost or stolen card after business hours you may call 1-844-202-5333.