The CLB VISA® Debit Card is a more convenient and fast way to buy the products and services you need. You can access your CLB accounts worldwide by making cash withdrawals through ATMs and conducting point of sale transactions with merchants that accept VISA® Cards. Funds will be directly debited to your checking account without need to write a check and, if you are a CLB Online Banking customer, you can view the transaction shortly after it occurs. At present, you may use your card to (some of these services may not be available at all ATMs):
- Withdraw cash from your checking account.
- Withdraw cash from your savings account
- Transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts(requires both accounts linked to the debit card).
- Obtain balance information on your deposit accounts.
- Make purchases from merchants that accept VISA® Debit Cards using the money available in your checking account – even for Internet and phone purchases.
Instant Debit Card
Why wait? Walk into our Main Office, Jena Office, Holloway Office, or Lafayette Banking Center to have your card re-printed if lost/stolen or damaged. Some fees pertaining to reprinting existing cards may apply.
EMV Chip Card Q&A
What is a chip card, and why am I getting one?
Chip cards are payment cards that have an embedded chip for security.
Why are chip card transactions more secure?
Chip card transactions offer you advanced security by making every transaction unique. And, your chip card is more difficult to counterfeit or copy by fraudsters.
Where can I use my chip card?
Anywhere a chip terminal is located. Chip cards are also widely used in international markets and are accepted in more than 80 countries.
Will anything change during my online purchases?
No, your online purchases will remain the same.
- You may withdraw up to a maximum of $500.00 in cash per day (if there are sufficient funds in your account).
- You may purchase up to a maximum of $1500.00 worth of goods and services per day, including retail purchases where you utilize your PIN and point of sale transactions, exclusive of ATM withdrawals.
- For security purposes, there are limits on the frequency and amount of transfers you may make using ATMs.
Enhancements to Security for Debit/Check Card Customers
Here at CLB The Community Bank we take pride in making sure that all of our customer information is kept safe and secure. With the growing number of fraud and online purchases happening in the world today, we want to make sure that we are taking every step to protect our customers and their privacy. That is why we take great pride in introducing the implementation of a new Fraud Prevention Program that adds another layer of security and protection for our Debit/Check card customers.
One of the main features of this new security is card activity monitoring. If any suspicious activity is monitored on your account using your Debit/Check card, it will trigger a flag and the customer will be contacted via the phone number provided on their account. If the customer verifies themselves as the purchaser then activity will resume. If it is found that the customer is not the purchaser, or that the card was lost or stolen, then the card will be deactivated immediately. We hope that with this program it will allow for a more relaxing experience for our customers in knowing that these measures are in place for your protection.
Here are a few ways that you the customer can help us ensure that you remain protected:
- Make sure that the bank has the correct current contact information for you including both home and mobile phone numbers.
- If you are planning on traveling, more so if out of state, take the time to contact the bank and inform them of your plans. We can then note to expect card activity in the area you will be in and avoid any inconvenience to you on your trip.
Technology and security are a forever changing industry. Our goal is to provide a safe, secure, and enjoyable experience for all of our customers here at CLB The Community Bank.
If you have any questions or would like to verify that your information in our system is current, please contact us at 318-339-8571 and ask for Bookkeeping. Their hours of operation are Monday-Thursday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and on Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
If you need to report a lost or stolen card after business hours you may call 1-844-202-5333.